Wednesday 8 April 2009

SERGE LUTENS, traveler in time

SERGE LUTENS-
Traveler in time, an expression that could very well define Serge Lutens. He is also an architect of dreams, for it is indeed as an architect that Serge Lutens has constructed for more than 30 years an œuvre with a style so powerful, it opens us up to a new world - or rather worlds. It is as a visionary that he details an extraordinary olfactive universe for which he imagined, down to the smallest detail, Les Salons du Palais Royal, a veritable jewel box dedicated to the perfumery of Serge Lutens.
Traveler in time, Serge Lutens reveals through his perfumes the essence, of the myths that populate our dreams and live in our imagination. His creations are neither reconstitutions nor dependent on ancient formulas. Instead, Serge Lutens captures the spirit of perfume, combining in subtle harmony the rarest, most authentic essences. He constructs a universe of perfumes that is liberated from conventions and explores forgotten territories, territories abandoned by contemporary perfumery.
*

..........."These are images that belong to beauty. It's like a painter's muse, for instance. Modigliani saw women in a particular way, and I too have a particular woman in my mind. For me she is the convocation of a form of reality. But this woman has not the least existence in reality, she belongs to the image. Once the image is finished, this woman no longer exists for me. She disappears, because I no longer need this reality."......

photographe, réalisateur de films 
transcendante publicité génie 
Directeur de cosmétiques Dior (1960) 
Directeur de la création à Shiseido (1981) 
M aster * de Serge Lutens Comsetics & Parfum


"I work in the 
juxtaposition
of doubts.
"

"I don't make perfume, I make something else. 
I do my job. 
As I say, I'm just a schoolboy, getting on with it."


(on Guy Bourdin's work): "It's a very stupid vision of women: always bending over, scooping things up, running away.It's a very stupid vision of women: always bending over, scooping things up, running away."
"All the colours that I make precede fashion, they are copied and become the fashion. So, I have no need to follow the fashion. Excuse me, that's very pretentious."
"Silence and immobility are extremely close. You could say that for me, beauty is found in immobility, silence and whiteness. It's all a means of pulling back from the world."
"When I say that I am an autodidact, I mean to say that I still go to school everyday. I'm a professional schoolboy, that's me!"






1 comment:

Katerina said...

wow
he is a real artist!
the second model was Greek,
presently an MP!